Wedding Cocktails

Well it's Friday and it will be totally unacceptable for us to not finish off the week with a seriously inspirational post. As I am feeling quite festive at the moment.... Why? I know not.... I think it is necessary to highlight some guilty pleasures, and NO I am not thinking along the same lines as the naughty readers. My mind strays to wonderland and it finally comes to me..... COCKTAILS and I turn to Jamie Boudreau, Belvoir Fruit Farms  and Sweet Saucy for inspiration....

I am one of those girls that never quite appreciated alcohol! Weird to 99% of the UK population... but I just did not like the taste of it. So after several attempts at knocking down dreadful spirits just to fit in and be cool, I finally came out  as a TEA TOTALITE ! Tell a lie, I did drink Baileys(not cool) and rosé(ladylike)..... so there! Jokes sprung from every angle on night outs.
Then I discovered cocktails and the rest they say is history........ So for the unconverted TEA TOTALITE planning to punish their guests with a non alcoholic do, here are a few recipes for tastefully getting wasted (within reason of course)

 We advice that you rename them after a meaningful holiday destination, special memories and so on!


Contessa
2 oz Pisco
½ oz raspberry syrup
1 ½ oz grapefruit juice
shake hard and fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass
mist the surface with a spray of lavender tincture
(if you’re feeling a little daring, mist the lavender through a lit lighter for spectacular effect and added aromatics)





  • 15ml Belvoir Apple and Ginger Cordial
  • 3 wedges of lemon, squeezed
  • 150ml boiling water
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 2 thin slices root ginger
  • 35ml Scotch whisky (blended whisky if available


CLOUDY BERRY PIMM’S
35ml Pimm’s
15ml Hendrick’s Gin
15ml Belvoir Blueberry Cordial
40ml cloudy lemonade
20ml cranberry juice

Mix all ingredients in a highball glass with cubed ice. Garnish with fruit.




ENGLISH GARDEN
2 lime wedges
5 mint leaves
20ml Elderflower Cordial
50ml white rum
50ml apple juice
Mix in a highball glass with ice cube and finish off  with a mint sprig.



PS I Love you x


Comments

Popular Posts