Wedding themes

Well,  we have a Tuesday treat for our readers! Introducing  Ms Claudia de Brito author of Culture Consumer who is guest blogging on wedding themes. Happy reading and thank you Claudia


Wedding Themes

Ah weddings! Dresses, dancing, dreamy men in suits- what’s not to love? Well, I’m not exactly a fan of themed weddings. I’m at an age where most of my friends are settling down so I’ve gone to my fair share of weddings in the past couple of years. Most of them have been in very good taste but I did go to a Disney Princess themed wedding last year. It still gives me chills. I was at the ‘Ariel’ table. Sigh…
I think you should style your wedding the way you style yourself. If you love a certain colour or era, by all means make it part of the overall design. Go with something that truly reflects both of your personalities (yes, you have to include the guy). It should be a ‘feel’ that’s tied together with subtle touches. This is the time to be timeless, not trendy; and certainly not that time to dig out the wedding plans you drew up when you were seven. 
Themes should be left to birthday parties. If it doesn’t quite work, you get a do-over next year. A wedding is supposed to be a once in a lifetime event. You don’t want to look back at your pictures 20 years down the line and have to explain to your children that everyone’s wearing tutus because that’s the year that Black Swan came out.



  http://culture-consumer.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular Posts