Cheap Wedding Dresses

A mate once asked if I would ever consider renting a dress for my big day.So in response to her question, I went off on one.....

"A wedding gown will live for generations in photographs. It is probably the most important dress that a woman will ever wear." Oscar de la Renta.Reality is, in this age of frugality, style savvy brides are still going for that all important dream dress, without paying the full purchase price!!!! I personally see nothing wrong with hiring a gorgeous wedding gown if the budget was tight.

I love vintage wedding gowns. The winning look for me is old styles from the '40s, '50s and' 60s—something similar to gran's wedding frock!!! If I can borrow a dress that lends itself well to hiring, i.e a few minor imperfections, can be professionally dry cleaned and altered to fit my silhouette, I definitely would!!!! In fact it’s unknown / known history all adds to it's overall character and uniqueness. So, as my good friend Sarah recommended, my first stop will be  Banardos. They do a Brides by Appointment service and other stores regularly get in bridal  gear.

If you are after that sense of 'one-off' that designer gowns can't guarantee…. this is the good bit!!!!Wedding dress hire shops often stock bridal gowns from discontinued lines at discount prices. Such dresses will be unavailable brand new….. meaning, you may just bag that Oscar de la Renta, Pronovias or Carolina Herrera wedding dress of your dreams !!!!



Alternatively you can check out designer sample sale and you are bound to find some beautiful frockage on the racks at half the retail price plus the organisers are up for a bit of a barter.But even if you are after a brand new mid- range wedding dress…. You can still hire from places like Savvy Cindarella or Cinderella me for shoes.

I just think it’s a refreshing alternative for those brides that cannot afford their dream designer wedding gowns at the full asking price. Welcome to the era of Girl Meets Dress…. Borrow, party and return from designers including STELLA MCCARTNEY, DIANE VON FURSTENBERG, YVES SAINT LAURENT amongst others.


Comments

Popular Posts