Why Do I write a Blog about Weddings?

Right, it's been a week of soul searching, bank balance and reality checking and boy has it drained the life out of me. I mean the whole world today is depressing. There are wars everywhere, financial constraints in the majority of homes, .... I mean even first year students are getting depressed these days. That never used to happen in my days! With all of this around me, I escape to my blog, a space that makes me feel like a respected expert in the wedding industry. A space that excites and inspires would-be brides, bored housewives or single woman expecting to be married or remarried someday.

I am amazed that I don't have to be told when to update posts on wedding ideas. I do it religiously, well I try to, because it pleases me.The world calls this passion, I call it finding myself because I have discovered in a complicated kind of way what my interests really are.Weddings, Weddings and Weddings! However it seems to go beyond that.

Interest no1 : I love talking and this space allows me to be woolly about the subjects I love the most: fashion, cakes, shoes, venues, photography, interior designs..... in the name of wedding inspirations.Who would have thought that I had interests in architecture, interior design and photography? I continue to surprise myself through my choice of content on this blog. But what really motivates me to keep this blog's pulse racing with inspirational wedding ideas and vendors are the lovely messages I get from people who gain something from it.

Earlier this week I was going though a friend's album on Facebook and I spotted a really cool bridal outfit~ an African- inspired bridal gown with a fascinator. As you do, I left a lovely comment on her Facebook album and you cannot imagine how I felt when the bride's sister responded that the inspiration was drawn from AandR Party UK. That was really special but this lovely message melted my heart:


Oyinda Daniels April 28 at 9:28am Report
Hello, I knw its a little early! But if I don't send this now, won't get round to it. Just wanted to say you blog is great I am having my marriage blessing in sept n have found some really good ideas on there. Keep the good work going. Take care x


Comments

  1. Keep on keeping on!! I read every blog and I'm sure I'm not the only one.It makes very interesting reading and very good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thank you. At least I know I am not insane~talking to / writing to myself lol Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts