FLOWER GIRL DRESSES

I have a little girl so it gives me great pleasure in writing a post on flower girls and wedding accessories. 

So why are flower girls the cutest in the bridal party ? Most will say it's all in the outfit. Put simply, they need to look like children. Therefore the dresses need to be comfortable, appropriately accessorised  and practical. 
Plain white or ivory dresses are extremely  popular but colourful dresses  could also be quite interesting.
Whatever you do, please do not apply any makeup on the little bridesmaids. Remember they are still children
I have here an example of flower girl dresses in  a wedding I planned and a few more suggestions below:
wedding planned by Mrs Wedding Planner
Wedding Planned by Mrs Wedding Planner
Wedding Planned by Mrs Wedding Planner








Here are a few more suggestions:

Modern look: Black and white

 BHS
Belle  Zara



Outdoorsy wedding: Ballerina outfits



 +





via Etsy


Velani 


Traditional look

This flower girl has big broad yellow ribbons tied around her shoes and I reckon if followed through the same broad yellow ribbon used as a sash could really work. A complementary hair pin will finish off the look


via Monsoon
via Etsy








Via littleittybitty
Via Belle  Zara

Belle  Zara
Via  littleittybitty





Non traditional look


via Etsy



Colourful

via BHS

colourful options

vie Martha Stewart Weddings










Comments

  1. Gorgeous kids in gorgeous dresses. Sweet :)
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Joy! Thanks for stopping by xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my big day you are the lady for the job cause this site is just too----- no word springs to mind, but it will come... Awsome!!!!!!

    Fattie,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rugs your are simply fabulous...you have answered all my questions and given me a clearer idea of what I should aim for. My mind is now made up, flower girls and a ring bearer it is!

    Love u....muah

    J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww thanks Fattie and Jackie! It means a lot... these comments really help me to carry on xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so why was I dreaming about something blue and something borrowed? and this time you really pushed it beyond any imagination. OMG!! I woke up thinking that's it enough AandR party. Frankly this blog site is so refreshing that I would be lost, now I find myself looking at fabrics,designs and objects a lot more closer than I once did. Sincerely One happy reader
    viewer( Fattie)
    Fattie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's an obsession that's irresistible.... girls and weddings! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts