What do you look for in a Wedding Photographer? ~Intelligent Photography

Today, I had a long  philosophical conversation with my aunt. I almost felt a bit like Paulo Coelho as I explained about how much more I am appreciative of everything I am surrounded by since I went into a relationship with this blog~ AandR party UK. Not sure if she was that interested or engaged in what I was talking about, as I sensed sporadic periods of silence... I mean not even a verbal nod. 


Well one of those things I am appreciative of is photography. When I  look at photographs these days  I am interested in the aesthetics. I examine them with an eye. An eye for creativity and techniques. It is almost an art.


So when I spotted a very talented young man, Deewole, I knew I had to get some scoop on his amazing work. I have made up a terminology to describe his style: "intelligent photography".To learn more about his work and how to contact him go here! For now meet Deewole................


When you you take photographs what do you aim to achieve or capture?


When I take a picture my main aim is to find an angle to a moment that to the ordinary eye may seem mundane but tells a bit of the total story I am trying to tell



I see every session as story telling mostly taking a lot of shots trying to weave it into a canvas if you will.


What's your signature technique?


I think it really is my angles! I shoot and sometimes edit from a place that causes you to think of the shot.



What attracted you to photography?



My calling really has been FAMILY.I was always amazed at how much we leave out the yonder of the sub conscious, pictures tell us the story of our families the way it happened not necessarily the way we remember it. A single image frozen in time can conjure up a moment of JOY or any emotion with vivid clarity.









I appreciate my kids so much more when I look at images of their infancy.....doing all those things which maybe at that moment I saw through a tired eye, an anxious mind, or with with very little appreciation as I was living.The picture takes you back and gives absolute clarity.In a way that is why we love pictures and that is why love capturing it.   

I hear photographers often refer to catching the light. Please elaborate?


Catching the light simply put is chasing a moment.





Lighting is paint to a photographer's canvas .A shot of a mum in a darkly lit room can never tell a true story of thanksgiving as a sunburst room.


When you look at MUGSHOTS it looks displaced if the guy or girl is in a well lit room, the pictures of criminals needs to have lots of shadows on one part of the face a bit darker than the rest etc. In landscape photography, though there is a lot more thought given to sun/moon location; artificial lighting just how much you allow is dictated by the emotion you want to convey.



I notice that most brides initially tend to be slightly nervous with photographers on the day. Any suggestions for easing them in?


Brides as we know only have grooms as ornamentals for their day. This is not a swipe just a rather strong way to emphasize that a wedding day is all about the bride.


For me and I am sure for most people it is finding the soft spot. Humour works unbelievably well, but for me its meeting and having face time with the people she loves and hangs out with. If you see her interaction with her friends then you can glim what will work.Flirting works very well. Come ready to wow and try to get her to at least like you for the day.Way before the wedding day,if she is comfortable she will emote well for the camera and at the end you can capture with ease all the stolen moments....she will let you in.


Finally what's the notice period for booking you?
For a wedding I usually need a couple of months to plan,I do a lot of pre shots...sometimes tag along to pre wedding meetings. Actually always go to the pre wedding meets....for reason I explained earlier,it really give you a true insight to the personalities that will be involved in the event.And as a guy its an insight to die for......





I am sure you would all like to join me in thanking Deewole for sharing his work and a little bit about himself with us. If you are after someone that understands clever photography stop here!

Comments

  1. Great piece.. one of the best but very little is known about the great talent behind the lens.
    Deewole you know I'm your number one Fan.

    Fatima

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks love,I want the work to be VOICE....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deewole you the man himself, you sure does work magic with those lenses. Sdesire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you...I know that we are going to see your work in places you never even dreamt it will be...You have inspired me!!!Take it all the way up my friend! CLICK!!!! NisNis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only the fabulous make it on this blog and Deewole is one of them x Thanks ladies for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed looking at your pictures!!! I can see you have so much talent. May God bless you and may other people be blessed by your gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww Deewole Of all the things you have done, I particularly salute this one, because watching you do it has been fun. Congratulations!" danny

    ReplyDelete
  8. On behalf of Deewole, I would like to thank you all for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts