Wedding Photographer~ Robert Emmett Photography

My first encounter with Robert Emmett was just by chance really. His advertisement link just popped up on our dear blog  and the featured shot alone was sufficient to lure me in. I just had to activate the link to his site and view his full gallery portfolio.Once there, I was completely blown away by his style of photography and was confident my readers would like to know more about him. So we arranged for a quick Q&A session and I am elated he came through! Fasten your seatbelts and meet a truly talented British Photographer~ Robert Emmett.




Q: I was blown away by your recent work on Lydia and Rob's  April 2011wedding. What amazes me is how your shots seem to come alive. For example in one of the shots, Lydia's veil seems to be dancing along with her. How do you manage to achieve this?


A: That shot is my personal favourite from the set. To achieve this I ensure that I am there throughout the day, in the background waiting to catch those special moments. I don't ask couples to stage any part of the wedding I capture what happens when it happens, that way you can truly see how the couple are feeling at that particular time. 




Q: I also notice that lighting features heavily in your shots. Is this your signature technique or do you tailor it to the style of the wedding. For example, a vintage style wedding will have a dated look with faded lighting.....



A:Lighting is part of my signature style. I have always been obsessed with lighting and as an artist this has always come naturally to me. 
There is a lot of work in the processing, I don't find it difficult to choose the final shots. I always like to select photos that show the love between the bride and groom and photos with energy. Any photos without feeling or any that are unflattering to the subject do not make it in.



Robert Emmett has a base in Liverpool & Derry but covers weddings all over the UK, Ireland & Destination Weddings.




To see more of the legendary Robert Emmett's work go HERE 





Stay tuned for Part 2!!!















Comments

  1. Woah amazing shots, captured beautifully. Loved the bride, she is really very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts