Real Weddings~ Nyasha and Crisson Part 1

Well the whole purpose of writing this blog is to inspire all kinds of brides with different ideas. From wedding stories to love stories. This year I noticed that destination weddings were trending quite highly so it came as no surprise that 3 of the weddings we will be sharing are all far away from good old blighty.

This bride understands and perfected the rule of austerity chic. She sourced some lovely dresses for her bridesmaids from the high street and that as well is trending  this season. I loved how family and friends pitched in with the creativity and lovely gestures to make this gorgeous couple's day a wedding in paradise.



Here, our beautiful bride Nyasha tells us how she goes about putting her lovely weding together. We give her 10/10 for authenticity and 11/10 for austerity chic!  We wish you all the best in your marriage Nyasha and Crisson!!!!


Love,
R x


Nyasha's story


Negril is one of my all time favourite destination in the world from the beautiful white sand 7 mile beach to the infamous Ricks Cafe and when we decided to get married Negril was up there as the dream destination. 




The planning began in August 2010 and the first purchase were the bridesmaids dresses. Colour and style were flexible and after 1 days shopping in October we (my bridesmaids and I)  decided on a Debut dress from Debenhams in Royal Blue. Instantly my wedding colour scheme was decided – Royal Blue and Orange.






I get my thrifty ways from my creative mother and while I researched florists in the area and although the cost of a bouquets were reasonably priced, my mother offered to do the flower arrangements herself with  me ordering the flower stems only. This was a nice surprise on the day as I had no idea on how they would look.




I actually purchased my first wedding dress in November and then in March 2011 I saw the dress. Chiffon and floaty just like I wanted and way under my original budget. Although it was off the hanger from House of Fraser when I tried it on I knew it was the one, and was able to return my first purchase, what a result. The veil, a creation by my wonderful mother...........




The wedding cake was a gift and came from Barbados and again this was a cost cutting measure and a nice surprise on the day.




The venue was the Negril Hills Golf Course just 10 miles from Negril Beach and it offered all you could want from a wedding venue, on site caterers, lush surroundings and all under one roof. Many people say that getting married abroad is always an economical option and with decoration, table settings and my favourite chair covers it all came in at a great price.


http://www.negrilhillsgolfclub.com/index.html



Stay tuned for Part 2 of Nyasha and Crisson's wedding.................

Comments

Popular Posts