Wedding Cakes~Humming about Hummingbird Bakery

I have always been a huge fan of cakes. Any cake....birthday, christening, wedding, you name it; as long as it's cake and it tastes amazing, I will gladly and unashamedly embarass myself  with several helpings. My obsession with cakes is so bad that at some point , I used to sneak off to Patisserie Valerie in Victoria  at lunch, alone so I don't get to share and then  indulge in the sinful act of scoffing a whole slice. Then, I'll return to the office , happy as Larry with a  bowl of salad and some fresh fruits to convince myself that the whole lunchtime cake crime never happened. On the odd occassion, when I felt generous, I'd drag my friend Yvonne for a slice over some juicy office gossip.

All that changed when I had an encounter with a slice of red velvet cake from Hummingbird bakery at a friend's birthday. Now this is some serious tasty treat and if you  are having an intimate wedding with only your closest friends and family, I urge you to offer them the experience I had with my new obsession from Hummingbird Bakery.

 I understant that a wedding cake has to make a statement  and as such should be spectacular with decorative detail. However, I'd rather a tasty cake with moist consistency to boot than a visual masterpiece that tastes like cardboard.

So if you are struggling to decide on cake vendors for your wedding, ask around for really tasty cakes and go for a tasting yourself. A tasty cake can easily be embellished to look stunning. O dear, I sound like an advert for Hummingbird bakery!!!!

Well this is why I am going on  and on about how amazing their cakes are and believe me, I have had several. Here's the red velvet  Hummingbird cake my darling ordered for my birthday.The boy done good!!!!!!

At the time I was pregnant and constantly hungry.......perfect timing really



As you can see I had a hugeeeee slice......palpable sense of fulfillment


Here's the wedding r cake range. These luxurious multi-tiered cakes look pretty amazing , are cost effective and can be tailored to your specific requirements. All you have to do is book an appointment with a consultant and discuss your needs.






via Hummingbird Bakery
 

via Hummingbird bakery


via Hummingbird Bakery



My best mate gave him some pointers on where to get my birthday cake . PS I was pregnant ....that explains the larger than usual nose!!!!




Remember guys , always get a cake that tastes amazing.



Love,
Rugie x


Comments

Popular Posts