Design Concepts

An aspect of planning that can be rather daunting is demystifying amazing design concepts as seen in all the leading blogs and bridal magazines. The obvious and easiest option is to piggy back on trends set within the industry but there is a refreshing alternative.

Throughout my journey as a Planner, I have learned that the best weddings are those that follow  the basics of fashion, interior design and hospitality. Everything else reflecting individuality spirals from those core basics. With a bit of panache, your wedding celebration can be  successfully spun to  achieve a pretty amazing event.

 I feel it possible to discover and recreate your own design concept through the following steps:

  •  Initially draw inspiration from someone or some place that resonates with you
  • Add elements of your travelling and life experiences
  • Think carefully about how this will all come together to complement the venue or time of the year.
Here are a few things I did to add my own spin on entertainment, venue and personal styling:

I put my spin on a contemporary classic gown from Morgan Davies Bridal by wearing a pair of pink and glittery Louboutins to add a bit of spunk to reflect my vivacious personality.





Entertainment: My guests were greeted by a Griot singer playing the Kora to reflect my West African routes











Later old Sierra Leonean folk tales were narrated by a very talented comedian





I  had 2 DJs on rotation, a West African and an English DJ



I wanted timeless elegant white chairs but I couldn't afford them so I used texture and colour to reflect this. The cream taffeta sashes echo the fabric of my wedding gown.





My budget for flowers was recession friendly so I I had these little fruit arrangements throughout the whole room to complement the main centerpieces




 Basics of lighting: Used  different lighting to reflect different moods

I created a tea room to reflect the British side to my personality and my love for tea rooms











Hopefully, this has helped demystify wedding design concepts and has left you empowered to recreate your own fantastic wedding.

I am working on a design concept I am totally obsessed with lately: Rural French design concept. Will do a post tomorrow.


Love,
MWP xxx.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts